Oracle Chainlink-RSK integration

Qubistry together with the RSK Team have integrated a complete solution to provide Oracles and Aggregators services within RSK and able to list and feed rates and Pairs of the most commonly used tokens of RSK partners and developers, and others. Tests and validations were tested successfully on RSK Testnet by oficial Chainlink Node Operators. The RSK TokenBridge was used and the method of payment used is LINK - rKovLink. We will also deploy a PoC on RSK Testnet that will use eRIF - RIF. We are ready to deploy the current version on RSK Mainnet.

Repo: https://github.com/smartcontractkit/chainlink-RSK

Excellent news! How do chainlink oracles charge ? What are the main bottlenecks that affect chainlink oracles ? Is there anything the onchain layer could do to improve it?

1 Like

Thanks Sergio, as of now Oracles charge to Aggregators on LINK token, and price is determined by Node Operators and it could be anything from 0.1 LINK or below, depending on the market demand. And if a customer needs a pair price or anything from a random number, weather data, sports data, gas price, etc. you can use the data available from Chainlink feeds for free, or you can use data on demand and pay for it per your request. Chainlink has two main data sources, every so many hours, minutes, and by keeping track on Deviation Threshold: now is 0.5%. As an example:

https://eth-usd-aggregator.chain.link/eth-usd

As I mentioned we are also working on a multiToken model on testnet, so Node Operators could choose how they would like to be paid, by LINK or RIF. This is interesting because we will have RSK Node Operators.

Regarding your second question, I believe GasPrice is a problem. As of today some of the expenses are covered by Chainlink, including Gas cost, subsidising it. So I believe that once Enveloping is running on RSK, we could approach this issue differently. Also I believe a problem could be the customer requirements, like if they need a price every block, or if variance become 0.1% or require data without Oracles available. As an example if we want to create an Aggregator to feed RIF/BTC pair, we will need at least 5-10 Oracles running based on a certain method that would be useful to all RSK customers. So we need to create a list of RSK tokens that require an Oracle service and do it.

I believe I also answered the third question.

Thanks.