Enveloping / Meta-transactions

The Research & Innovation team is developing a solution for meta-transactions named Enveloping. The main goal is to allow users to submit transactions to the network through a service provider (Sponsor) and pay for this service in tokens, removing the need to get native currency to operate with our blockchain network.

Repo: https://github.com/rsksmart/enveloping

7 Likes

While I’m not in the development team, I’ve been following closely the advancements of the Enveloping solution and I think it will be a key part of the RSK infrastructure in the years to come. I think the team should consider extending the solution to provide a service for the submission of transactions with time-assurance, even if the user has BTC to pay for fees. Normally wallets have to deal with gasPrice estimation, and I think some users will be willing to pay a premium for an assurance that the transaction will be executed timely.

6 Likes

It’s really need for the blockchain adoption we can pay the fees in the same token with you operate. It’s very interesting for the normal investor.

6 Likes

Version 1 of RIF Enveloping is already in Testnet and Mainnet.
There’s a second version in the final steps of development as well, with a simplified architecture and a much lower overhead gas cost (overhead gas is the gas needed to actually submit and execute a requested transaction).

2 Likes

I created a new article in Medium Introducing the design of RIF Enveloping V1.
You can find it here.

3 Likes