Sending BTC from FTX pro account

Hi All,

I am new here, I went to BTC to RBTC Conversion - RSK Developers Portal to find out if my address is valid.

The address starts with 3 and also is P2SH, but I am not sure if this will work. Anyone from you tried it already? Do you know where to find the compatibility matrix. Or should I just try transferring low amount to see if it works?

Thank you for your help,
Dariusz

I notice this is an old thread, but wanted to answer in case you were still wondering and for the benefit of anyone else that might find this thread and have the same question.

You need to do the peg-in transaction from a wallet where you control the private key.

Since you do not control the private key to your FTX Pro account (nor any other centralized exchange account) you cannot peg-in directly from this account.

Here are some links to the mainnet guides you can follow to peg-in from your own wallet where you control the private key:

There is also a tool built by the Sovryn community called FastBTC that you can use to convert BTC to RBTC. This you could use by sending directly from your FTX Pro account. However the tool is not trustless and charges a fee of 5000 sats + 0.2% per transaction. You can find out how to use FastBTC here: https://wiki.sovryn.app/en/sovryn-dapp/fast_btc

1 Like